Wednesday 19 May 2010

''I'd rather live in his world, than live without him in mine.'' - Gladys Knight and the Pips




Now that is sacrifice. When someone can love another so much that they would give up their dreams, their lifestyle, what they know, all to be with the person they can't live without. Gladys Knight sang about that kind of love, and sold this belief to millions. After all, isn't that what people search for? What people like me attempt to write about? My question, however, is that if that person was so worthy of love they would never make you change or give up things that mean so much to you. The things that give you your identity. Over the last few months my sense of identity has got stronger, through not having to compromise any aspect of me to please another. I know more about me now than I ever have done, and I know the world I want to live in. I want someone to share my world and love it as I love it. Of course in a relationship you compromise, but it should be practical things that are compromised, not your character. The person who is right for you would never make you be anything other than what you are, and they will love you all the more for being that person. Sharing your world with someone worthy is a goal, but sharing it with someone who already lives there without compromising THEMSELVES is the ideal. Can it be found? This perfect match? I like to think so. Never settle for something less than amazing. Preachy rant over.

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment